For more than 20 years, Dr. Lisak has served as a forensic consultant to defense attorneys, prosecutors and law enforcement on sexual assault and homicide cases.
He has provided consultation and testimony on:
- Evaluations of individuals in capital murder cases
- The impact of childhood trauma on male development
- The cycle of violence
- The behavior & characteristics of rapists
- “Paradoxical” behavior of rape victims
- Issues specific to male victims of sexual violence
He has been qualified as an expert in state, federal and military courts, and he has also consulted in civil litigation related to sexual violence.